The Falcon Courier

The Student News Site of Salisbury High School

54° Allentown, PA

The Falcon Courier

The Falcon Courier

5 Brands of energy drinks from worst to best

Energy drinks are something very popular within the United States, as they can be bought at your local stores or gas stations. As someone who has tried many different brands and flavors of energy drinks, I have narrowed down the top 5 brands of energy drinks from best to worst. 

1. Monster

I don’t hate monster energy drinks, but I do strongly dislike them. Sometimes when I drink them, it feels like I’m drinking liquid acid. To add to that, some of the flavors are absolutely rancid. Why would anyone want to consume an energy drink called “ultra gold” or “khaotic”? The reason I am mainly so biased about this is because I drank them so much in the past, I got sick of them. However, I do like one flavor, which is the zero sugar monster as its flavor is not too overpowering.

1. Reign

I have not seen people consume Reign energy drinks as much as the others on the list. This would not be an energy drink that I would pick out at a store, but it is an energy drink I would recommend for people willing to try something new. The flavor of reign is not too sweet, which makes the energy drink taste good. However, there are many better options than this brand, as it is not anything special.

1. Red Bull

Red bull energy drinks are a classic, you just can’t go wrong with them. The most popular Red Bull is the generic flavor. In my opinion, this flavor is just ok, it is not terrible, but I think that Red Bull has better options. Red Bulls that have a specific flavor to them, such as peach nectarine, make the drink pop in flavor. You still have that feel of a classic Red Bull, but there is a pop of flavor that makes it way better.

1. Alani

Alani almost made number one on the list, but there is a reason it is number 2. There are many flavors of Alani online, but in store, there are only about 5 different flavors to choose from. It starts to get boring as I am eager to try more but can not even buy all the flavors from my local store. However, these energy drinks are amazing. I have not tried a bad flavor, as all of them are unique in their own way. My favorite flavors are “Kimade” and “Hawaiian Shaved Ice.”. The flavors are incredible and the carbonation is just right. 

1. Celsius

I do not have anything bad to say about celsius. This has always been my go-to energy drink. Sure, there may be some flavors worse than other flavors, but there is always a wide variety to choose from. Most flavors can be found at your local grocery store or gas station. The carbonation and flavor in this energy drink are just right, which make it up as a whole. Some of my favorite flavors include “Sparkling Kiwi Guava” and “Peach Mango Green Tea”. If you have never tried any energy drink before, try celsius because it is truly a favorite of many people including myself.

These energy drinks all range from $2 to $3 a can. I encourage you to take the advice from this list if you want to start trying energy drinks, as I am someone who has drank them for years.